Food Worker Card Education
We offer classes and information on proper food preparation, storage, handling and temperatures. All individuals who serve or sell food to the public are required to have a valid food worker card.
Get Your Food Worker Card Online
If you are a resident of Adams County, you can now get a Food Worker Card online! Go through the training, take the test and get your card at your convenience. The training and test is offered in English, Cambodian, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese and Closed Caption.This site is the only online training program authorized to provide valid Food Worker cards in Adams County and the card you receive is valid throughout all of Washington State.
Before you get started:
Make sure you are connected to a working printer. You will be printing your own card when you have completed the training and test.The cost of the class is $10 and can be paid with VISA, MasterCard and debit cards with the VISA or MasterCard logo. Payment will be required after you have passed the test. You cannot make arrangements to pay later with a credit card, check or cash.The Adams County Health Department has partnered with Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department to offer this online service. Be advised that when your debit or credit billing statement arrives, the charges for your new online food worker card will be listed under "Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department."
For out of state residents that work in Adams County, please click "Out of State" when starting the program and select the Zip Code closest to the area you will be working in: Othello 99344, Lind 99341, Ritzville 99169, Washtucna 99371, etc.
Turn off your pop-up blocker. The pop-up blocker may cause problems while signing on to the website. The pop-up blocker control can usually be found under Tools on your browser menu bar.
Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash on your computer. You can download Adobe Flash for free at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
Give yourself about an hour to complete the training and test.
Now that you're ready, take the online course and test at: www.foodworkercard.wa.gov
OTHELLO FOOD WORKER CLASS/KIOSK
- Spanish classes in Othello are only offered the first Thursday of the month at 9:00am. Spanish class is by appointment. Classes cost $10 and participant must bring a photo ID.
- Multiple languages are available on the Kiosk in the lobby Monday-Friday 8:00-10:30am and 1:00-3:30 pm and can also be done on-line at www.foodworkercard.wa.gov
RITZVILLE FOOD WORKER CLASS/KIOSK
- Multiple languages are available on the Kiosk in the lobby on Wednesdays 8:30-10:30am and 1:00-3:00pm and can also be done on-line at www.foodworkercard.wa.gov
- Food Application
- Commissary Form
- Mobile Food Unit Application
- Plan Review Packet
- Plan Review Process
- Hand Washing Procedure Spanish
- Hand Washing Procedure English