SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Technology Services Assistant Position Number: 402
Department: Central Services Classification: Non-Union
Annual Hours: 1300 Range 6
1.0 MAJOR FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
Persons in this position are responsible for performing administrative support functions for the Central Services Department. Person also performs information technology tasks supporting end users.
2.0 SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Persons in this position are given significant discretion, within the scope of policy and regulations, in the routine performance of their duties. Supervision and guidance are received from the Director of Central Services.
3.0 SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Persons in this position do not supervise any staff.
4.0 SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces weekly vouchers for Central Services departmental accounts payable. Maintains records of all accounts payable vouchers.
- Prepares and distributes accounts receivable billings for services provided by the Central Services department to appropriate entities. Maintains records of all accounts receivables and deposits all receipts with the Treasurer’s office.
- Purchasing agent for copier, computer and office supplies. Monitors and tracks inventories on supplies to keep minimum required quantities on hand.
- Monitors use of the county long distance service (SCAN). Maintains SCAN authorization codes and other telephone user information, assigning and revoking SCAN authorizations as required.
- Performs end user training and support on commercial software packages, copier machines, telephone equipment, and on other technology related devices.
- Maintains county copiers. Bills user departments for copier usage.
- Applies postage to outgoing mail, and delivers mail to the U. S. Post Office. Tracks postage accounts of user departments and bills departments for postage usage.
- Greets the public at the front desk, and directs them to the various departments in the courthouse. Produces photocopies for the public in accordance with department policy.
- Prepares monthly payroll documents for the Central Services Department.
- Assists other county departments in clerical functions when requested.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
5.0 REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hand/finger dexterity to handle objects or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit, and talk or hear.
- Good health and good physical condition appropriate to the position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements include: close vision and peripheral vision, the ability to adjust focus and read small print.
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform office clerical, computer functions, as well as handling the public as a receptionist.
- Must have cognitive ability to accurately search for errors, data entry, and related purposes.
- Must be able to utilize communications and related test equipment necessary to perform required duties.
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, and other office equipment standard to areas of assignment and to adapt to new and/or modified equipment which may be acquired.
- Must be able to maintain work reliability at a level not less than 90% of average employee reliability over time.
6.0 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. At least 6 months work experience in clerical, computer operation, record keeping, and public relations are preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete various required training classes for functional skills performance, maintenance and improvement.
7.0 DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of office etiquette and equipment is preferred. Implement and maintain sound organizational practices.
- Knowledge of filing and record keeping concepts, acceptable office and telephone procedures, care and use of office machinery.
- Familiarity with tools, instruments, equipment and techniques commonly used in the performance of related tasks.
- Maintain a high standard for accuracy, completeness and efficiency in the preparation of reports. Independent and self-motivated to complete required deadlines while simultaneously completing other tasks.
- Ability to quickly grasp new techniques, deal with rapid changes in events, remain calm in stressful situations, relate to various personality styles in a calm, professional manner.
- Understands the need for maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Effectively communicates with others, both in writing and orally.
- Assures efficient and effective utilization of funds, materials, facilities, and time.
8.0 WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee faces a typical office environment with a telephone, computer, and desk.
- Work is normally performed indoors and there are frequent interruptions.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled