Permit Application Forms
Residential Building Permit Application and Guidelines
Miscellaneous Permit Application and Guidelines
Manufactured Home Permit Application and Guidelines
Commercial Building Permit Application and Guidelines
Demolition Permit -Application and guidelines
Fire Protection System Application Fire Protection System Application
Agent Authorization Form
Affidavit in Lieu of Contractor Form
Building Handouts and Checklists
Site Plan Example
Single Family Residential Checklist
Accessory Building Checklist
Commercial and Multi-family Checklist
Commercial Plan Requirements
Tenant Improvement Checklist
Mobile/Manufactured Home - Set Up Requirements
Simple Garage Handout
Covered Porch Permit Information
Virtual Inspections Information Sheet
Energy Code Handouts:
Includes single-family, duplex, and townhouse, plus 1, 2, or 3-story multifamily buildings.
- 2018 Single Family Residential Prescriptive Worksheet
- 2018 Residential Compliance CheckList
- 2018 Residential Prescriptive CheckList
- 2018 Multifamily Prescriptive Worksheet
You must submit the duct leakage and heating sizing forms, plus the Total UA Alternative form if you are using that path. The Insulation Certificate must be posted in the completed building. These forms and related information, from WSU, are available on the WSU Energy Code website.
Prescriptive Method. This approach is the simplest method of WSEC code compliance. A project complies with building envelope requirements if it meets all minimum insulation levels required for the applicable climate zone. This Excel file provides a method for documenting compliance with the prescriptive standards.
Glazing Schedule: Using the Prescriptive Method, all glazing must have an "area weighted average" U-Factor of 0.30. This means that some windows can have a higher U-factor than 0.30 and some can have a lower U-factor than 0.30, as long as the area weighted average is U-0.30 or lower. You may need to complete this form to document glazing compliance when applying for your building permit.
Heating System Sizing Calculator: We recommend you use the HVAC sizing tool based on Manual J from Better Built NW. The previous Heating System Sizing Worksheet may be useful only if you do not have cooling. This calculator assumes that your glazing products have an area weighted average of U-0.30. Choose insulation levels and enter the areas of each building component. Hover your cursor over the red triangles to see the embedded help notes. An instruction sheet is also provided.
Total UA Alternative Worksheet (found in WSU's Code Compliance Calculator - Set code compliance pathway to "Total UA Alternative" ): The Total UA Alternative worksheet has been updated to provide the user with error prompts when information is incorrect or missing.
Alterations: Requirements for alterations or remodels of existing structures differ from the requirements for new construction. No credits from Table 406.2 are required and existing buildings are not necessarily required to meet all of the requirements of the energy code. This worksheet will show what is required for your remodel and may be filled out using Excel or by hand.Commercial Buildings
Includes multifamily buildings 4 stories and taller, plus all non-residential buildings.
For commercial applications please use the following link. Create an account and then select MY Projects to set up a new project and explore all the helpful features.
2018 Building Envelope Form
- If you are using the Component Performance option in C402.1.3, you must submit the ENV-UA and ENV-SHGC forms. Otherwise, you do not have to submit these forms, but we highly recommend that you review them.
- ReadMe (Instructions for electronic forms)
- PROJ-SUM (Project Summary)
- ENV-SUM (Envelope Summary) - broad overview of building envelope information needed on drawings
- ENV-REQUIREMENTS (Envelope Requirements Summary)
- ENV-PRESCRIPTIVE (Prescriptive path)
- ENV-UA (Envelope UxA Calcs) - for Component Performance Path
- Target Area Adjustments (Target area adjustment calculations for vertical fenestration and skylights)
- ENV-SHGC (Envelope SHGCxA Calcs) - for Target SHGC compliance
- ENV-CHK (Building Permit Plans Checklist)
- 2018 Commissioning Compliance Checklist
- 2018 Lighting Form
- You must submit the interior and exterior lighting summary forms; we highly recommend that you review the other forms. If you are not required to submit plans, you must complete the summary forms to be reviewed by the electrical inspector in the field.
- ReadMe (Instructions for electronic forms)
- LTG-SUM (Interior Lighting Summary Form) - required for all building permit applications and for all electrical permit applications with interior lighting
- LTG-INT-SPACE (Interior lighting summary – “space-by-space” method)
- LTG-INT-DISPLAY (Interior display lighting – “space-by-space” method)
- LTG-INT-BLD (Interior lighting summary – “building area” method
- LTG-EXT (Exterior Lighting Summary Form) - required for all building permit applications and for all electrical permit applications with exterior lighting
- LTG-CHK (Lighting Permit Plans Checklist) - detailed list of what information needs to be on the plans.
Planning Applications and Handouts
Fire Marshal Forms & Applications (Fireworks Info)
Public Works- Right-of-way Permit Applications