Deferring a Traffic Infraction

To be eligible for deferral:
-Have a valid driver's license
-Not be a holder of a CDL license (Commercial Driver's License)
-Cannot have entered into a statutory deferred in the state of Washington for a moving violation in
the last seven (7) years or a non-moving violation in the last seven (7) years.

If you are eligible for deferral, you may defer your infraction. If you are not charged with any similar
violations within the one-year deferred period, your infraction will be dismissed.

Certain charges cannot be deferred:
Negligent Driving 2nd Degree-vulnerable user victim (RCW 46.61.526)
Drivers with a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) may not defer any ticket.

With proper proof submitted to the court, certain charges may be deferred:
-Operate motor vehicle without insurance (RCW 46.30.020) -must provide proof of minimum six (6) month policy
-No valid operator's license (RCW 46.20.015 and 46.20.017) -must show valid operator license
-Fail to renew expired registration <2 mo (RCW 46.16A.030.5.L) -must show valid registration
-Fail to renew expired registration >2 mo (RCW 46.16A.030.5.O)- must show valid registration

To request a Deferral fill out the form below. Email or mail the form to the Adams County District Court Ritzville 

Defer Request Form

Adams County District Court Ritzville
210 W. Broadway
Ritzville, WA 99169