Civil Services

Civil and Legal Process

The Civil Department is the civil and legal process service function of the Adams County Sheriff's Office and covers a wide variety of court papers from subpoenas to small claims to orders executing the removal of renters for non-payment of rent. A listing of available civil service can be found here.

Scott Lind, Civil Deputy

The Civil Department cannot give legal advice. If you want information regarding the process for eviction of a tenant, more information can be obtained by going to the website for the Attorney General for the State of Washington or by contacting an attorney.

Fingerprinting for purposes other than criminal matters may take place during the normal business hours. To obtain fingerprints, it will be necessary for you to provide fingerprint cards (except for the purpose of a concealed pistol license) and picture ID. There will be a $10 fee for up to two sets of prints. 

Concealed Pistol License
A Concealed Pistol License (CPL) is a license provided by and regulated by the State of Washington. The following requirements must be met to obtain a Concealed Pistol License through the Adams County Sheriff’s Office:

  • You must be 21 years of age or older
  • You must be a citizen of the United States
  • You must reside in Adams County
  • You need to have picture ID (a Washington State Driver's License or ID card is preferred)
    • Fee of $49.25 for an original application
    • Fee of $32.00 for a renewal application
    • Fee of $42.00 for a late renewal application
    • Fee of $10.00 for replacement of lost or damaged permit
    • fees will be required at the time of application
  • You must have no convictions prohibiting possession of firearms

The Sheriff's Office is available to provide fingerprinting services and process CPL requests Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, except on holidays. Checks or Cash - Sorry, debit or credit cards are currently  not accepted.

If you have any questions about any of the services offered above you can call the Civil Department at 509-659-3326.

Registered sex offenders can be located using OffenderWatch.